Do you need information about universities in Plateau ? Then you’re in the right place.
Plateau, whose capital is Jos is the twelfth-largest state in Nigeria. Approximately in the centre of the country, it is geographically unique in Nigeria due to its boundaries of elevated hills surrounding the Jos Plateau its capital, and the entire plateau itself.
Plateau State is celebrated as “The Home of Peace and Tourism”.
There are 2 universities in Plateau state; University of Jos (Federal government owned and operated) and Plateau State University.
University of Jos was established with the vision of being an innovative institution with great interaction between ‘town and gown’.
Did you know University of Jos started as a Campus of the University of Ibadan in November, 1971?.
Today, the university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the faculties in the university are listed below;
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Faculty of Dental Sciences
- Faculty of Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences & Technology
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
State owned and operated Plateau State University is located in Bokkos, Plateau State Nigeria.
The university was established in 2005 and it offers undergraduate degree programs, listed below are the faculties in the university;
- Social Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Natural and Applied Sciences
For more information about Universities in Nigeria, click pass.ng