Do you need info about the universities in Adamawa state? Then you’re at the right place.
Adamawa is a state in northeastern Nigeria, and the capital is Yola. The name “Adamawa” came from the founder of the kingdom, Modibo Adama, a regional leader of the Fulani Jihad.
There are 3 Universities in Adamawa state; Adamawa State University, Modibbo Adama University of Technology, and American University of Nigeria.
Adamawa State University, Mubi is the first State Government owned University in the North East sub-region of Nigeria. It was established in 2002.
The university offers Remedial Program (for a year), undergraduate and post-graduate studies.
There are 3 Faculties in Adamawa State University
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Science and Science Education
- Faculty of Arts, Social and Management Sciences
Federal University of Technology Yola now known as Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, is a research intensive university located in Girei, Adamawa.
The university offers associate’s, bachelor’s (Undergraduate studies), master’s, and PhD degrees.
Modibbo Adama University of technology has 7 schools, namely;
- School of General Studies
- School of Agriculture
- School of Management and Information Technology
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Technology and Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
AUN is a private university in northeastern Nigeria, founded in 2004 and it offers the American style of higher education programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels .
The American university of Nigeria has 5 six schools, and they are listed below;
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business & Entrepreneurship
- School of Law School of Engineering
- School of Information Technology & Communications
- School of Law
For more information about universities in Nigeria, click pass.ng